Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
an easy and tasty little appetizer that I made for one of Country Lady's famous appy parties (April 2009) I sometimes will subsitute 1 large onion carmelized slow and low for the shallots, I actually like it better with the carmelized onions, but I thought I should post the recipe as I prepared it for the party
- 24 large white mushrooms
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 12 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup gruyere or 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated -separated
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- remove stems from the large mushrooms.
- chop stems and cremini mushrooms.
- sautee shallots and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- add chopped mushrooms,thyme and cayenne and sautee until tender.
- stir in cream cheese until melted through.
- add grated gruyere and half of the parmesan, mix thouroughly until melted through.
- spoon mixture into large mushrooms.
- sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
- place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for approx 15 mins.
These are outstanding. I made these twice for two different occasions over the holidays and they were gobbled up in no time. Everyone LOVED them. I will make this again and again. Thanks for sharing.
These are beyond delicious, Lois, but I love anything with mushrooms anyway!
Awesome dish that Lois brought to my appetizer party. Unlike other reviewers, I'll make the whole recipe very soon and share all 24 mushrooms with my hubby (LOL)!!! Thank you Lois!