Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is a hearty bean soup that the fellers in your life will love.
Top Review by Shellbelle
This got rave reviews from the people I made it for! I didn't have any ham on hand so instead I used a pound of ground chuck, browned and drained it by itself, then added it to the soup and let it simmer. Delicious recipe! Next time I'll make it with the ham. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 lb smoked ham, chunks
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup dried red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried great northern beans
- 1⁄2 cup dry pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups carrots (sliced round)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water in large stew pot with all ingredients except carrots.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook about 2 hours or till beans are about done.
- Add carrots to soup& cover.
- cook an additional hour or till carrots and beans are done.