Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quick, country style salad recipe, from the Best of 1983, Brownstown (Indiana) Newspaper. Recipe editor won't let me list 1 can of 3 bean salad, so it is listed as 1 can 3 bean mix (salad).
- 2 cups macaroni (cooked & drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can 3 bean mix (salad)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper (fresh ground)
- In a large bowl; combine macaroni, 3 bean salad, celery and eggs; blend in slad dressing, relish, salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 1 hour; if desired you can use 2 of the boiled eggs in the salad and slice the remaining egg and use as garnish.
I do love 3-bean salad, but the way you have it dressed up in this recipe is absolutely wonderful, I thought! Made it with small pasta shells & seasoned it with lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
I used gluten free pasta shells and substituted the celery for cucumber, but other than that I stuck to the recipe and served it with salad leaves and a gf seed roll. I love recipes like this where you can have as part of a main meal or just stick it in the fridge and graze on it whenever you feel peckish without feeling guilty. Thank you for sharing BB