Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Quick to prepare and oh-so-good! A perfect family-style casserole both kids and adults enjoy. Can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.
Top Review by quainthomesteader
This is very tasty and filling! I added about a half cup of low fat chedar cheese to the top, a clove of garlic, and I used ground turkey instead of beef. I've never cooked with chick peas before, and they have a nice ferm tecture that contrasts nicely with the mushy baked beans. I'd give it one more star if my son had liked it, but at least my husband went back for seconds.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g can baked beans
- 453.59 g can green beans, drained
- 453.59 g can garbanzo beans, drained
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 59.14 ml catsup
- 3 slice bacon, cut into 1-in . pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and hamburger on high in a large frying pan until pinkness disappears.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Cook until thickened.
- Stir in the baked bean, the green beans, garbanzo beans, mustard and catsup.
- Turn into a 2-quart casserole.
- Add bacon to frying pan and cook until crisp. Drain well and crumble over meat and beans in casserole.
- Bake at375° for 35-40 minute or until casserole bubbles and is heated through.
- Add a salad and crisp bread to round out the meal.