1/2 Photos of Thick Spinach Soup
Allan Rees-Bevan's Note:
Lovely and thick spinach soup. I don't like spinach normally, but this is wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion for 3 minutes until softened.
- 2Stir in the potatoes, spinach, stock, nutmeg and seasoning.
- 3Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a food processor (or use a hand-blender) and blend until smooth.
- 5Return to the pan, heat through and adjust seasoning to taste.
- 6Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a swirl of creme fraiche (or cream) and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 137.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: