Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is off of the Texas Beef web site. I made them last night, and they were quite good, except for the fact that I couldn't find any decent sub rolls, so I had to buy small French bread loaves which ended up making the sandwich more bread than beef, but try them. I also put slices of Muenster cheese on ours.
- 4 beef sirloin strip steaks or 4 rib eye steaks, cut to 1/2 inch thick
- 9.85 ml mccormick McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 4 oblong shaped rolls, split and toasted
- 1 leaf lettuce
- cheese (optional)
- Mix salsa, sour cream and green onions to make the sandwich spread.
- Season both sides of steaks with Montreal seasoning.
- Grill over medium coals for 6-7 minutes, turning once after about 4 minutes. Or pan-fry over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Spread rolls with 2 tablespoons of spread per side. Top with lettuce leaves and sizzling steak.
- Close sandwich and eat it!
Wow, what could be better than a juicy steak with this bold and spicy sandwich spread? This had so much flavor and only took a few minutes to make on the gas grill. A great alternative to a burger cookout.