Recipe by Member #610488
This sandwich is made in two parts: first is the creation of the Chicken Paillard, which can be pre-made ahead of time. The second is the sandwich set-up. The recipe for the chicken makes 4 servings while the sandwich listing is for 1 sandwich. Multiply as needed. The W Hotel is located in Washington, DC.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon zest
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- pre-made chicken (1 breast of Chicken Paillard)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked to crisp
- 4 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 large leaves bibb lettuce or 1 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg, seasoned with salt and pepper and fried sunny side up
- 3 slices sourdough bread
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Chicken Paillard: Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Arrange the chicken in a bowl and drizzle meat with extra-virgin olive oil to just coat the chicken. Add chopped herbs and lemon zest. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Using your hands, rub the chicken and coat evenly with the herbs and seasonings. Transfer chicken in a single layer to hot skillet and cook chicken cutlets 3 or 4 minutes on each side. If necessary, place cooked chicken on warm plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm and repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Fry an egg sunny side up and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Sandwich Creation: Toast bread. Spread mayo lightly and evenly over one side of each piece of toast, then layer on top first slice of bread chicken, bacon and avocado.
- Top with the second slice of bread, then layer on top of that piece lettuce, tomato & egg.
- Top with final piece of bread.