Copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
A healthy alternative to a fried sandwich, the Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Club is light and filling!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for grill
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half, pounded 1/2 '' thin
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices smoked bacon, cooked according to package directions
- In a medium bowl whisk together ingredients for brine.
- Add chicken, making sure to coat evenly. Allow chicken to marinate for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat grill to high, oil lightly. Grill chicken turning once until grill marks have appeared and chicken is opaque throughout, about 3 to 4 minutes a side.
- Brush toasted buns with butter. Dividing evenly top each bun with lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, cheese, and bacon. Top with remaining bun halves. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This looks and sounds like a perfectly good sandwich. I did not give the fifth star, however, because I object to restaurants billing a sandwich as a "Club Sandwich", when club sandwich has long been used for a three-decker sandwich of chicken or turkey (or ham or roast beef), served on three pieces of toasted sliced bread and assembled as a BLT on one layer and meat + lettuce on the other. I made hundreds of them as a kid working at a country club for the snobby, obnoxious members.<<>>Reply