1/2 Photos of The Ultimate Healthy Muffins
forty and fabulous's Note:
Almost zero fat and more fibre than you can handle in a week
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Red River hot cereal
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (whole or ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup applesauce (or pureed prunes)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (or any other fresh fruit)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1SOAK: oats, 12 grain cereal and cornmeal in yoghurt and apple sauce (or prune puree) for 1/2 hour. Add brown sugar, egg and mix well.
- 2MIX: flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda - Add to yoghurt mix. Combine just until moist. Batter should be fairly thick. Add a tablespoon or two more of flour if batter is runny.
- 3FOLD: fold in berries (or fruit) dried cranberries (or rasins).
- 4Grease muffin pan or use line with muffin cups.
- 5Makes 12 muffins (or 6 super muffins!).
- 6Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Healthy Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Red River hot cereal