Ultimate Lunchbox Muffins
These are adapted from the wonderful cookbook Vegan Lunchbox by Jennifer McCann. These are so nutritious, and inexpensive to boot! Freeze these and have something to chuck in the lunchbox every day.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons molasses or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini or 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray briefly with non-stick spray.
- Combine flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the bananas, molasses, apple juice and vinegar until smooth. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the zucchini, walnuts, and sultanas.
- Divide mixture evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
- If freezing, freeze in individual freezer bags to pull out as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I just took them out of the oven...had to eat one straight on! I was very pleased. I used the honey and I added a 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (no special reason, it was just sitting by the cinnamon when I reached for it) I used a bit more vegetables...I used both squash and carrots. Instead of raisins I used chopped dates (again, no special reason. I just had dates but not raisins) They will be a nice accompaniment to my lunch next week :)Reply
see 8 more