Recipe by SEvans
This sauce is the ultimate garlic, mushroom, basil pesto Alfredo sauce--to go on pasta, sea food, chicken or whatever you can imagine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan melt 1 tbsp butter.
- Add minced onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook until nice and soft.
- Add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer on low until it reduces by 3/4.
- In a sauce pot or pan melt 2 1/2 tbsp butter.
- Stir in the flour creating a roux.
- With a whisk, mix in the milk a little at a time to avoid lumps--whisk hard and lots.
- When the mixture is smooth, pour in the cream, mix in the basil pesto, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and mushroom onion garlic wine mixture.
- Mix well--pepper to taste
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, blending well; set aside.
- This sauce can be made hours ahead of time, simply reheat on your cook top on low or microwave for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over your favorite meal. I have shown this sauce served over stir-fried vegetables and shrimp on pasta.