Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the ultimate cheeseburger. The guys would order when they were REAL HUNGRY! It is also from the "Sandhills Lunchbox" Cafe. I waitressed there when I was growing up. We were tired of saying Double meat, double cheese bacon, jalpeno, cheeseburger and the guys couldn't remember it anyway so it was labeled the thing. It is very good.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- hamburger bun
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 teaspoons sliced jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices onions
- 4 dill pickles, hamburger slices
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, diced (optional)
- butter, for toasting buns
- Form two patties from ground beef and brown.
- While meat is cooking, butter buns and toast in a skillet.
- Take bottom bun and spread mustard over it.
- In order, place green chilies, pickles, jalpenos, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and bacon on top of mustard.
- Place two slices of cheese on each pattie just as they are getting done and place top bun on cheese to help the cheese melt.
- Take spatula and place meat and top bun on prepared bottom bun.
- Place in plate and serve with chips or french fries.
I was craving a good old fashioned burger, and this was perfect! i made 5 of these monsters, and we were very satisfied.
Great burger recipe!!! I loved the addition of the green chilies. We loved the flavor combinations. Thank you for posting, this will be a repeat recipe.
The Thing is now my thing! Great Burger. Didn't have Dill pickles but had hot pickled mixed peppers and I added mushrooms. Now don't laugh but I wanted to cut back fat & calories a bit so I cut the bacon to 2 slices and the cheese to 2 slices- Hey every little bit helps and I sure didn't want to spoil the burger. Super Burger Thanks kcdelong made my Saturday night