Recipe by Missy Wombat
This is my favourite pumpkin based cake. It's easy and delicious and disappears very quickly and is popular with everyone who comes to visit.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin puree.
- Sift the dry ingredients and stir into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured tube tin.
- Bake at 375 deg F for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.