Mahal Liza's Note:
This recipe was retrieved from Olive Garden's website. After browsing hundreds of recipes for that "one" Alfredo sauce, I found the ONE! I have never liked any other Alfredo sauce other then Olive Garden's - I made this recipe last night with angel hair pasta & roasted chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1HEAT milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer.
- 2Turn off heat.
- 3Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
- 4PLACE egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- 5Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture.
- 6Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering.
- 7Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).
- 8SEASON to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 9Serve over your favorite pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Real Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.9
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 458.7 mg
- Sodium 621.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.2 g