Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was retrieved from Olive Garden's website. After browsing hundreds of recipes for that "one" Alfredo sauce, I found the ONE! I have never liked any other Alfredo sauce other then Olive Garden's - I made this recipe last night with angel hair pasta & roasted chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup imported parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup imported romano cheese, grated
- 6 egg yolks, from fresh jumbo eggs
- salt and black pepper
- HEAT milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer.
- Turn off heat.
- Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
- PLACE egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture.
- Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering.
- Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).
- SEASON to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This is a very close to the oiginal recipe. It is almost identical to the recipe provided on Olive Gardens website prior to them switching to their new recipe that removed the egg yolks. I add a couple cloves of garlic to mine and yes black pepper was in original recipe. Enjoy
This was nothing like Olive Gardens recipe. I don't believe they put Black Pepper in it, and it seemed to be missing something in it. The texture was not the same either. It just wasn't suitable for us . Made for Spring 2010 Pick a Chef.
Your right dirty paws, Olive Garden doesn't use Black Pepper, they use White Pepper (but it's so hard to find).