Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was retrieved from Olive Garden's website. After browsing hundreds of recipes for that "one" Alfredo sauce, I found the ONE! I have never liked any other Alfredo sauce other then Olive Garden's - I made this recipe last night with angel hair pasta & roasted chicken
- HEAT milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer.
- Turn off heat.
- Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
- PLACE egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture.
- Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering.
- Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).
- SEASON to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This was nothing like Olive Gardens recipe. I don't believe they put Black Pepper in it, and it seemed to be missing something in it. The texture was not the same either. It just wasn't suitable for us . Made for Spring 2010 Pick a Chef.
Your right dirty paws, Olive Garden doesn't use Black Pepper, they use White Pepper (but it's so hard to find).
Well, it didn't taste like Olive Garden, but it was still really really good and came in second in my books. I grilled some chicken breast and used linguini pasta and made a chicken alfredo. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.