Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Lyn-Genet Recitas’ book, The Plan. She says that most pears purchased in the supermarket are unripe; if you put them in the sun they will ripen in a day. Chia seeds provide protein and omega-3. The recipe doesn’t provide exact quantities for the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and chia seeds, so the amounts listed are my own estimates. The ice isn’t recommended for those who have thyroid dysfunction. Rice Dream or Silk coconut milk are the preferred brands.
- 16 -20 ounces rice milk or 16 -20 ounces coconut milk
- 1 sun-ripened pear
- 1⁄2 cup berries
- 1⁄4 avocado
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional) or 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) or 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Add Rice Dream or Silk coconut milk to a blender, then add pear, berries, avocado, ice, and any optional ingredients desired. Blend until smooth.