Super moist meatloaf packed with tons of flavor. Simple ingredients and effortless to make. Once you try this recipe, you will never try any other.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add in your beaten eggs.
- USE YOUR HANDS and git in there, mix it up well.
- Form into a log. Hint: don't "smoosh" it down to tight, that just compacts the meat and tends to make for a dense er heavy meatloaf. I honest and truly believe THIS step was the defining factor in the most juiciest meatloaf I have ever eaten.
- Lay bacon slices across the top, width wise, tucking the ends underneath the meatloaf.
- Spread a good amount of sauce onto your loaf, leaving a little for your second application later in cooking process.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then slather the rest of the sauce over the top.
- Bake for 15 more minutes or so, you can raise oven temperature to 400 after the second application,.