Super moist meatloaf packed with tons of flavor. Simple ingredients and effortless to make. Once you try this recipe, you will never try any other.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add in your beaten eggs.
- USE YOUR HANDS and git in there, mix it up well.
- Form into a log. Hint: don't "smoosh" it down to tight, that just compacts the meat and tends to make for a dense er heavy meatloaf. I honest and truly believe THIS step was the defining factor in the most juiciest meatloaf I have ever eaten.
- Lay bacon slices across the top, width wise, tucking the ends underneath the meatloaf.
- Spread a good amount of sauce onto your loaf, leaving a little for your second application later in cooking process.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then slather the rest of the sauce over the top.
- Bake for 15 more minutes or so, you can raise oven temperature to 400 after the second application,.
Good classic meatloaf accented with a layer of bacon on top. Very simple and straightforward to make. We couldn't get more than about two-thirds of the sauce aboard and would suggest making less, and the seasonings inside could be more adventurous, but many who like their meatloaf on the conservative side will like it that way. Made for PAC spring 2013.