1/2 Photos of The Perfect Meatloaf
Super moist meatloaf packed with tons of flavor. Simple ingredients and effortless to make. Once you try this recipe, you will never try any other.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 diced onion
- 4 beaten eggs
- 10 slices bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- 3Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add in your beaten eggs.
- 4USE YOUR HANDS and git in there, mix it up well.
- 5Form into a log. Hint: don't "smoosh" it down to tight, that just compacts the meat and tends to make for a dense er heavy meatloaf. I honest and truly believe THIS step was the defining factor in the most juiciest meatloaf I have ever eaten.
- 6Lay bacon slices across the top, width wise, tucking the ends underneath the meatloaf.
- 7Spread a good amount of sauce onto your loaf, leaving a little for your second application later in cooking process.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes, then slather the rest of the sauce over the top.
- 9Bake for 15 more minutes or so, you can raise oven temperature to 400 after the second application,.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 179.2 mg
- Sodium 1093.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g