Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This side is so versatile and quick! The key to this recipe is using what you have-Make it your own! It's fabulous with crabcakes, ANY seafood, poultry, even steaks. We enjoy it pretty spicy, but you can make it completely mild by simply omitting the cayenne or serrano chile pepper. My favorite way of serving this is on top of 'The Parker's Favorite Salmon with Sweet and Spicy Creamy Ginger Sauce'.
- 4 corn husks
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (reduced fat, or regular)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 serrano chili, minced (can be substituted for a jalepeno or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper)
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut raw corn off the husk.
- Blanch corn in 3 cups of salted, boiling water for 3 minutes and place in strainer.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil or butter over medium heat. Add red pepper, corn, and chile and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add mayo, cheese, garic salt and lime juice and stir, 30 seconds.
- Serve hot or warm.