Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom started making this recipe for our family when I was a kid and now my kids enjoy it too.
- 1 (500 g) package rotini pasta (or your favorite kind)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 package hot dog, cut into bite sized pieces
- chili powder, to taste
- 2 cans tomato soup, undiluted
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Fry onion, celery and wieners, until done.
- Stir in tomato soup, 1 can of water, and chili powder.
- Heat until mixture bubbles.
- Place pasta and corn into a large bowl.
- Pour hot mixture over top and mix well.
- My kids love this recipe and it makes a very fast supper.
This was very fast to make and easy. Wow 900 g of pasta is two pounds as I was measuring out my scale read 400 grams and the basket was full and I still had to cook the pasta!! I sauted the onion and celery in 1 tablespoon of butter and also added 1 cup of frozen corn at this time. In the end I am so glad I did not use the full amount of paste. It feed 6 of us and there is still a over a fourth of a large skillet with leftovers in it.
This is a fast and easy weeknight dish that my 8 year old just loved. I made a batch of this up and froze it in individual portions for a simple dinner for my daughter on those nights when I am running late and have no time to cook. Great OAMC meal, it freezes and re-heats well. Thanks for posting :)
This is quick, easy, and delicious! My 3 favorite things for a night-time meal. I left out the corn because I don't like it, and added 1 can of chili with beans. Thanks for this recipe!