Squash, Potatoes and Onions- Oh My!
photo by mydesigirl
- Ready In:
- Wash and Cut up squash, potatoes and onions.
- Melt butter in lg. fry pan.
- Add squash.
- Add potatoes on top of squash.
- Add onions on top of potatoes.
- Cover and simmer till potatoes are done stirring occasionally (about 1/2 hour).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add small amount of water if it starts sticking (usually not necessary due to water content in vegetables).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum-O! Definitely my new way to cook squash! Normally, i just saute the squash and onion in butter (which is fine), but this recipe takes that to a new level! I cooked 4 strips of bacon in a pan and used the grease from that, along with 2 TB of unsalted butter. For seasoning, i added garlic powder, pepper, and seasoning salt all to taste. Great recipe! Can't wait to make again!