Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Found this recipe in my recipe file -- it comes from the Chimney Hill Farm Estate and is served at their Inn.
- 1 lb spicy breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 cups grated cheese (combo of cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- garlic powder
- 2 rolls crescent rolls (Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Fry sausage and crumble into small pieces. Drain and pat dry.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch oblong pan with both packages of crescent rolls, pressing ends together to form a crust.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in cheese and milk and pour over crust. Top with crumbled sausage.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes. Top should be slightly golden and firm to the touch.
This was a yummy breakfast casserole. Originally, I had planned on other people for breakfast, but that didn't work out, so I made 1/2 the recipe for 2 of us in an 8x8-inch pan. It worked well and my grandson ate pretty much the whole thing with lots of oohs and aahs. lol. Thanks for sharing another keeper, Nancy. Made for For Your Consideration tag.
Great standard-ingredient brunch casserole! Although there are only 2 in our household, I made the entire casserole, because these freeze very well and reheat nicely. Apparently I don't own (or cannot find) a 13x9 pan, so I used a buffet steam table pan. I lined the entire pan with the crescent rolls, and cut the remainder into strips. The casserole contents filled the pan about halfway, so I folded the edges of the crescent roll sides to lay on top of the contents, and spaced the strips across the top of the casserole. After 35 minutes, I put foil around the outer edge of the pastry to avoid over-browning and cooked for an additional 10 minutes. Our store only carried Bob Evans spicy sausage; I will make the effort to find Jimmy Dean the next time. Excellent Christmas Day brunch! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
What a great breakfast casserole/quiche!! I made a couple of changes, I used the original Jimmy Deans sausage and 2% cheddar/monterey cheese mix and scaled it back to serve 2. I used 2 crescent rolls in my mini loaf pan (saved the other 2 for dinner) and then followed as written. Served it with some fresh fruit for a great brunch!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.