San Jose Quiche
A Mexican Twist on a Quiche! No crust, you use tortillas. This is a fun brunch entree.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup green chili salsa
- 6 corn tortillas, 6 inch size, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies, drained and cut lengthwise into 1 inch strips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, blend shredded
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a skillet. Cook until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain the grease from the skillet. Stir in salsa. Set aside.
- Place half the tortillas in the bottome of an ungreased 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. Spread half the meat mixture over the tortillas. Place half the green chile strips over the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat the layers once.
- Combine eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture over the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until eggs are set and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with salsa and avocado.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation