Bacon & Cheddar Quiche
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- Crumble bacon in to the bottom of the pie shell.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the bacon.
- Saute green onions in bacon grease and sprinkle over cheese.
- Beat eggs, half& half& milk together, then add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this recipe. It's been my favorite for years! It's pretty much foolproof. I've used lots of different cheeses and filling ingredients. We sometimes have 1/2 & 1/2 in the house, but mostly I just use 1% milk. The recipe perfectly fills my standard Pyrex pie plate. When I use my larger pie plates, I make 1 1/2 times the egg mixture. Great recipe! Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in south eastern Louisiana where we have the best food in the world! I've always loved to cook ever since I was a little girl and my grandmothers, Nannie and Maw Maw T, were very influential to me. I enjoy making dishes from scratch and using old fashioned recipes - it's always worth the effort. My husband & I love to barbecue several times a week since we love to be outdoors. I love to entertain friends and family on weekends.