Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
If you are a pumpkin lover like me, then here is an all-time winner.... I must have collected hundreds of pumpkin recipes over the years..this recipe from my 10 star cake collection...and it is just what the heading says, amazingly delicious...If desired these could be baked in mini loaf pans, but remember to adjust the baking to a less time, and also the chocolate chips could be replaced with chopped walnuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (or more or less depending on how sweet you desire)
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, rind of
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Position rack to center position.
- Butter a 9" x 5" metal loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift first 7 dry ingredients.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in eggs.
- Beat in pumpkin puree, lemon peel and vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream and half and half.
- Beat in sour cream mixture with flour mixture alternately into the batter in 2 additions.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with 1-2 tbsp sugar.
- Bake for approx 70 minutes, or until loaf bread test done.
- Note: this loaf cake can be made up to two days ahead.
- Wrap in foil; store at room temperature.
Oh my. We had high hopes for this, based on the former reviews, but there were just too many tastes going on. Lemon, cloves (waaay too much), pumpkin, and chocolate just didn't end up jelling at all. The top burned while the batter remained still raw in the middle. I didn't dare try to continue to cook it further. Based on the "amazing" review, again, I had high hopes, but again, they just didn't pan out.
THE best pumpkin bread in this world! It just could not get any better than this, simply AMAZING kit!
This is the best pumpkin bread recipe I have found thus far. It's very moist without being undercooked. That said, I had to cook the loaf for approximately 90 minutes. I also tried this exact recipe, but substituted bananas, for a banana bread. Unfortunately, that one didn't work out so well.