Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the real Melting Pot recipe the they emailed to me, enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded butterkase cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Toss the Butterkase and Fontina cheese with the flour in a bowl. Place a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with 2 inches of water. You may also use a conventional double boiler. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and pour the white wine and sherry into the bowl. Stir in the shallots using a fork. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add half the cheese blend and cook until the cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add the remaining cheese blend in a small amount at a time, stirring constantly in a circular motion after each addition until the cheese is melted. Fold in the pepper and Blue cheese. Pour into a warm fondue pot and keep warm over low heat. Garnish with the scallions.
I absolutely love the Melting Pot, and this is one of their best cheese fondues! Thanks for sharing this! For those who don't like blue cheese, most people find that the taste of blue cheese is very subtle. And for those of you who love blue cheese, I've been to the Melting Pot before when they added extra blue cheese for me, so you might give that a try.