Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Little Mushroom is located in Dallas, Texas. I personally like to serve this with some steamed rice. One bonus is that you can use cheaper bone in breast for this delightful creation. This is a sinfully rich dish, perfect for hearty eaters.
- 8 large chicken breast halves
- 2 celery ribs, including leaves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cups mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1⁄2 teaspoon one cube chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 -3 avocados
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- In a large pot simmer th chicken breasts, in enough water to cover, with the celery, onion, salt and pepper, until tender. Remove from the stock and cool. Debone and shred into bite size pieces. Strain the stock and refrigerate for another use. Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, soup, soup base, and curry powder. Place a few avocado slices in each lightly greased individual au gratin dish. (You can also bake this in a 9x13 baking dish or even a casserole dish.) Pour chicken mixture over the avocados and top with the cheese. Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.