1/3 Photos of The Lady's Cheese Biscuits & Garlic Butter - Paula Deen
I live in Savannah, Georgia, and have encountered these biscuits straight from The Lady & Sons restaraunt. They're incredible! At my former workplace, we had the Lady & Sons cater lunches for training seminars and these were always the first to disappear. This is from a recipe that ran in the Savannah Morning News a few years ago. The sharp cheddar is my preference, although the original recipe simply states "cheddar". If making the jumbo, ice-cream scoop biscuits, this will make about four.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening (I use Crisco)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (sharp)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together using fork.
- 3Mix in shortening with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 4Stir in cheese.
- 5Lightly stir in buttermilk until just blended; do not overmix.
- 6Drop by tablespoonfuls (The Lady actually uses an ice cream scoop, according to the recipe) onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- 7Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- 8Brush with butter or garlic butter.
- 9---GarlicButter Instructions--- Combine butter and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat.
- 10Cook until butter absorbs garlic flavor, but don't allow the garlic to color.
- 11Remove from heat, and discard garlic.
- 12Can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Lady's Cheese Biscuits & Garlic Butter - Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 622.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g