Recipe by yooper
A true Southern delicacy from the landmark Savannah restaurant, "The Lady and Sons". To really be authentic, drizzle warm honey over the chicken. From "The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook" by Paula H. Deen.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into quarters or 2 (2 1/2 lb) pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a 10 x 15-inch baking pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and egg.
- In another dish combine flour, pecans, salt, paprika, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in flour.
- Place skin side down in melted butter.
- Turn to coat and leave skin side up.
- Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours.