The Lady's Cheese Biscuits & Garlic Butter - Paula Deen
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening (I use Crisco)
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese (sharp)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (I use salted)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together using fork.
- Mix in shortening with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in cheese.
- Lightly stir in buttermilk until just blended; do not overmix.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (The Lady actually uses an ice cream scoop, according to the recipe) onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brush with butter or garlic butter.
- ---GarlicButter Instructions--- Combine butter and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until butter absorbs garlic flavor, but don't allow the garlic to color.
- Remove from heat, and discard garlic.
- Can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation