Sriracha is the hot sauce used in this recipe; served with a side of sour cream spiked with rice vinegar to soothe the fire. Recipe posted at Food & Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 tablespoon other Asian chili sauce
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 lbs chicken wings, tips discarded, wings cut in half at the joint
- 1In a bowl, mix the sour cream with 2 tablespoons of the rice vinegar and the scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2In a saucepan, combine the Sriracha, sambal oelek and the remaining 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until melted; keep warm.
- 3In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°. Pat the wings dry and fry in batches until crisp and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour the hot chile sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Good Fork's Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.3
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 232.3 mg
- Sodium 798.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: