Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
Top Review by cmr1120
Nice and soft cookies. My boys loved them. Even though I am a chocolate lover, I felt like 3 cups of chocolate chips was a little overkill. I'm going to use a little less next time because I felt like it was more chip than dough in the cookies. Took the batch to my son's Special Olympics Swim Team End of Season party, and came home with an empty platter!
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 158.51 ml dark brown sugar
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar or 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 532.32 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 709.77 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, corn syrup, and vinegar together; then beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until they are just set; the centers may still look a bit underdone.
- Remove them from the oven; transfer to a rack to cool.