Recipe by Kzim4
Posted by request
Top Review by y2khardtop
first of all, I think the "milk" is a mistake. I have exactly the same recipe (smaller batch size) without the milk. I think they must have just topped off their ice cream maker with a few drops of milk.....not necessary. Anyway, I just got back from Disney World and found the real Dole Whip rather pungent. Now that they offer three flavors, I think they are not doing a good job keeping the flavors form mixing. Anyway, this recipe makes a great Pineapple Ice cream....smooth and flavorful. I have a small ice cream maker, and it works great. I use 1 1/3 cups juice, 1 cup sugar and whipping cream, and 1/3 t vanilla. Perfect flavor and perfect batch size for my small machine!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pineapple juice and sugar -- make sure that the sugar is dissolved.
- Next add the cream and vanilla.
- Pour the whole mixture into the Ice Cream freezer container.
- Add milk to finish filling to the "fill line".
- At this point simply follow the instructions on your ice cream maker.
- When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is --
- or you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.