Recipe by Melissa Spangler
These crackly and chocolatey cookies are similar to the ones my mother would buy from Delmont Pastries in Baton Rouge for holidays when I was a child. From Allrecipes.com
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler or microwave oven, melt the chocolate and butter and stir together; set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar on high speed of an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- On low speed, add the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla while mixing. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; fold into the egg mixture with a large spoon.
- Stir in the nuts, and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies should spring back to touch.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.