Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom would ask us what we wanted for our special birthday dinner and this would always be our answer. I hope you enjoy as much as we do.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Doritos
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 -4 cups cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add taco seasoning according to package.
- In a casserole pan spray non stick on bottom and line the with Doritos, crushing a bit to fit.
- Time to layer, (layer 1, Doritos) sprinkle beef (layer 2), add spoonfuls of beans (Layer 3) sprinkle cheese (layer 4).
- Repeat one more time, the finished layer will be the chips.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
I have to give this 4 stars because DH and DS liked it. I wasn't to sure about this! DS loved the addition of Doritos. He would take them and dip everything up and eat it. So that is a plus, it's very hard to get him to eat ground beef (other than hamburgers). I halved this recipe for my little family of 3 and put it in an 8*8 pan. Although I halved the recipe I used an 15 oz can of refried beans. I also think the 16 oz bag of Doritos is a bit to much. I only used about 1/4 of my 12 oz bag. It is easy to put together. Also a quick weeknight meal. Thanks for posting!