Got this recipe from my older step-sister. We eat it at almost all pot-luck family gatherings.
Make and share this The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (depending on size)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, for filling mixture)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, for topping)
- 12 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook chicken breasts. I usually microwave them covered in parchment paper until cooked through.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, sour cream, soup, green chiles, onion, salt, and ONE cup shredded cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- In a frying pan heat vegetable oil at about medium-high heat til hot.
- Then soften each corn tortilla in oil until slightly firm but still soft (about 5-7 seconds on each side). Allow to cool on paper towels.
- Spoon filling into tortillas, roll them up and place them in an 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Spread remaining filling mixture across the top of the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese over the top of the enchiladas. If you like cheese feel free to add as much cheese topping as you like.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese appears melted.