Creamy Turkey Enchiladas
photo by AZ Food Critic
- Ready In:
- 12 corn tortillas (soft fried)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
- 2 cups turkey, chopped
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- In a small size skillet add 1/2 cup oil, heat to medium / high and fry all tortillas lightly, dab with paper towels to remove excess oil from tortillas, stack on top of each other to prevent them from drying out. Set aside.
- Dice 2 cups of turkey into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add cheese and chopped onions, blend well. Set aside.
- In another medium size mixing bowl add sour cream, green chilies and soup, using a whisk, mix well. Set aside.
ASSEMBLING AND COOKING:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x13 x 2 greased baking dish add 1/2 of soup mixture to bottom of baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla (one at a time) with about 2 tablespoons of turkey, top with 1 tablespoon cheese across the top and roll into a tight roll, place into pan on top of sauce. Repeat, making 2 rows of 6.
- Pour remaining soup mixture evenly over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot with rice and beans (optional).
- ”Chicken can also be used in this recipe. Top with sliced olives, cilantro or green onions (optional)”.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an Arizona food critic, soon to be cookbook author and a 27 year event caterer....Love to try new foods and recipes!