Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs 30 mins
A friend gave me this recipe and it's now one of our favorites! It's so easy and tastes amazing!
Make and share this The Best Shredded Chicken (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar505 medium hot salsa (or other brand if your store doesn't carry 505)
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 packet mccormick taco seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook for 10 1/2 hours.
- To shred chicken, remove from crock pot and use 2 forks to pull apart.
- Very easy!
- Put shredded chicken back in sauce to keep moist.
- Serve burrito style or over rice.
mmmm this was soooo good!!! I made this for the super bowl and put it on some nachos and they were to die for! Only cooked it for about 6 hours and the chicken just fell apart... using the leftovers on tacos tomorrow night, cant wait!
Delicious! The recipe didn't specify boneless or bone in but I used boneless,skinless chicken breasts. I was in a hurry so I made this in a dutch oven on the stove and simmered for about 3 hours. I added some diced chipotle peppers for the smokey flavor and it was soooo good! I used this for taco meat but it would be great for burritos, enchiladas or just on it's own.