Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs 30 mins
A friend gave me this recipe and it's now one of our favorites! It's so easy and tastes amazing!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar505 medium hot salsa (or other brand if your store doesn't carry 505)
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 packet mccormick taco seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook for 10 1/2 hours.
- To shred chicken, remove from crock pot and use 2 forks to pull apart.
- Very easy!
- Put shredded chicken back in sauce to keep moist.
- Serve burrito style or over rice.
mmmm this was soooo good!!! I made this for the super bowl and put it on some nachos and they were to die for! Only cooked it for about 6 hours and the chicken just fell apart... using the leftovers on tacos tomorrow night, cant wait!
Delicious! The recipe didn't specify boneless or bone in but I used boneless,skinless chicken breasts. I was in a hurry so I made this in a dutch oven on the stove and simmered for about 3 hours. I added some diced chipotle peppers for the smokey flavor and it was soooo good! I used this for taco meat but it would be great for burritos, enchiladas or just on it's own.