Recipe by Gingerbear
I got this recipe from a wife of a co-worker. The recipe is called "Peanut Butter Cookies" but they are honestly the best peanut butter cookies that I have ever tasted in my life. I have not made these myself before because my boyfriend isn't crazy about peanut butter cookies so I do not know how much the recipe will make so I am going to give it my best estimated guess. For all of you peanut butter cookie lovers, I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
Top Review by Andrea in Canada
Yummy! I had to add a little extra flour but the outcome was exactly as described - soft and chewy. I think I prefer a richer, more peanutty cookie, but these were delicious nonetheless.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup jiffy creamy peanut butter (must be Jiff only)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar, to roll dough in
Directions See How It's Made
- In larger bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beat until well blended.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Shape dough into 1-1/4 inch balls, roll balls in granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- With the tines of a fork, flatten ball.
- Flatten again in opposite direction, forming crisscross marks.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes until light brown and cookie is set.
- Cool slightly, Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Tips: Only use real butter and Jiff Peanut Butter.
- Don't overcook.
- Use Air cookie sheets for baking.