Recipe by plavala
These are soft, chewy, tasty cookies. Great with milk, tea or just by themselves. They can be addicting so watch out! **Make sure everything is room temperature for the best blending process. Raisins and nuts are optional!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raisins, rough chop
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, raisins, and vanilla. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add to the creamed mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- Stir in the egg and raisin mixture, then stir in the rolled oats and pecans.
- Dough will be stiff. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- *I find the baking paper ensures easy clean up and nicely, brown, baked cookies!
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.