1/2 Photos of The Best Mini Mock Shoo Fly Pies
This is a receipe I received from my mother. These are a little time consuming to make, but there are never any left when I take them to parties! You have to use a mini muffin pan, as this is the only way these will work.
My Private Note
mini mu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size bowl combine 3 oz of cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 cup of flour.
- 2Beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- 3Use a mini muffin pan (only the mini will work, regular muffin pan size is too big) and scoop about a tablespoon of dough into each muffin cup.
- 4Using your fingers work dough into the cup shape (all the way up the sides about an 1/8 in thick, and about a 1/4 inch thick on the bottom.).
- 5Continue until all the cups are made.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7In a small sauce pan cook 1 Tsp of butter until lightly browned.
- 8In another medium bowl mix 1 egg, 1 cup dark brown sugar packed, 1 Tsp of browned butter, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tsp Vanilla.
- 9Blend well until a smooth dark brown runny mixture forms.
- 10Spoon the brown filling into each muffin cup about 1/2 to 3/4's full.
- 11Repeat until all cups are filled.
- 12Bake at 350 for approx 8-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. The edge of the crust on the top of sides should be light brown. The brown filling will crust on top, and be runny in the middle.
- 13Optional: An additonal garnish is to place a pecan half on top of brown filling before baking.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Mini Mock Shoo Fly Pies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 58.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g