Recipe by shygirl
Healthy, light and refreshingly good! Copycat of Italianni's restaurant best selling pasta dish. Believe me, you wont taste the anchovies here. Enjoy!
Top Review by messystation
I added red wine vinegar and oregano and left out the cream. (I may have also put in more parmesan than called for, I didn't measure). This will be the recipe I use from now on.
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 anchovy fillet, small can
- 2 (850 g) stewed tomatoes, Molinera
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chiffonade (1/2 c)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 250 ml cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, saute garlic in olive oil till fragrant.
- Add in onions cook till softened.
- Dump in the whole can of anchovies including its oil.
- Keep stirring till dissolved.
- Add in the tomatoes, you can use hand emulsion blender to puree it.
- Simmer 10 minutes then add sugar.
- On low heat, allow to simmer 30 to 45 minutes till flavor concentrates.
- Add in basil, correct seasoning and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in 2T parmesan cheese.
- You can stop here or add cream like what my kids like.
- Turn off heat and pour over cooked angel hair pasta.
- Garnish with more basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.
- Dig in!