Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the best green bean bundles I have ever tasted. I make them every Thanksgiving and for parties, everone raves about them. It certainly isn't the healthiest, but is the tastiest! I got the recipe from a friend of a friend-so not sure where it orginated. They are time consuming to make, and you have to plan ahead but I promise you they are well worth it!
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash soy sauce
- Cut bacon into thirds.
- Wrap 8-10 beans in a piece of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Place in 9 X 13 casserole.
- Cover with marinade of brown sugar, butter, garlic salt, and soy sauce.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I make the same recipes every year for the holidays - my kids expect it. This year I added the "best" green bean bundles and my grandson, Grayson must have eaten 12 bundles at least. They are joining the family faves.
I tried this recipe but instead of soy sauce I drizzled Ranch dressing over the bundles and cooked them....delicious!!