I got this recipe from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and it is great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter soufflé dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3Knock out any excess sugar.
- 4Divide the egg yolks from the egg whites Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (or a double-boiler, if you have one), stirring until the chocolate is melted and uniformly smooth.
- 5Remove bowl from heat and stir in yolks.
- 6Beat whites in a large bowl until they just hold soft peaks.
- 7Add 1/3 cup sugar, a little at a time, continuing to beat, then beat at a higher speed until whites just hold stiff peaks.
- 8Stir about 1 cup whites into chocolate mixture to lighten, then gently yet thoroughly fold mixture into remaining whites.
- 9Transfer mixture into soufflé dish.
- 10Bake in center of oven until it appears cooked and crusted on top but is still jiggly in center (roughly 25 minutes).
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chocolate Souffle Ever
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 314.6 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g