A chocolate dessert that is lighter than air.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 large egg yolks
- 10 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- icing sugar
- whipped cream
- Butter a soufflé dish and dust with sugar, tapping out excess.
- Preheat oven to 430F.
- Melt chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Whisk butter into hot chocolate; add yolks and combine well.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Beat in sugar gradually, and beat until whites hold stiff peaks.
- Lighten chocolate mixture with ¼ of the whites, and then gently fold in remaining whites (a few white streaks may show, and this is not a problem).
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Put dish in slightly larger baking pan and add enough hot water in second pan to reach 1/3 up the side of the soufflé dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes (center will be very soft).
- Give a light dusting of icing sugar over top, bring to table immediately.
- Serve with Whipped Cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation