Chocolate Italian Souffle Cakes
photo by swingncocoa
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces butter, diced
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces sugar (I like the fine Baker's Sugar)
- 1 ounce sifted flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until all is melted and combined.
- Whip eggs& sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour into chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs being careful to not lose all the wonderful volume from the eggs.
- Spray either 12 muffin tins or 12 ramekins/souffle dishes wtih non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pans/dishes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: You can prebake these and then reheat them in a preheated 325 degree oven for 2-3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! Needs a pinch of salt, however. Forget about using a muffin tin, it's too hard to remove the souffles so that they maintain their super appearance. Fill the ramekins to the top so the batter rises above it. Very easy and quick to prepare. Will let you know how the freezing and re-heating goes.
This was a great easy recipe, which I followed exactly (aside from cutting the recipe in 1/3). Mine turned out perfect! It ended up needing about 17 minutes for the middle to set. This is a great chocolate base, and would be great with berries, cinnamon or other variations. 1/3 of the recipe made two small ramekins for me.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"