Chocolate Italian Souffle Cakes
These are rich individual chocolate souffle cakes. The recipe comes from Cinzetti's Italian Market Restaurant and is one of our favorites on their buffet. If you want even more chocolate flavor, insert a small piece of bittersweet chocolate in the center of each cake before baking.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces butter, diced
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces sugar (I like the fine Baker's Sugar)
- 1 ounce sifted flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until all is melted and combined.
- Whip eggs& sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour into chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs being careful to not lose all the wonderful volume from the eggs.
- Spray either 12 muffin tins or 12 ramekins/souffle dishes wtih non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pans/dishes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: You can prebake these and then reheat them in a preheated 325 degree oven for 2-3 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! Needs a pinch of salt, however. Forget about using a muffin tin, it's too hard to remove the souffles so that they maintain their super appearance. Fill the ramekins to the top so the batter rises above it. Very easy and quick to prepare. Will let you know how the freezing and re-heating goes.Reply
This was a great easy recipe, which I followed exactly (aside from cutting the recipe in 1/3). Mine turned out perfect! It ended up needing about 17 minutes for the middle to set. This is a great chocolate base, and would be great with berries, cinnamon or other variations. 1/3 of the recipe made two small ramekins for me.Reply