Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love Italian food, and I love cooking for my friends at college, so that's how this dish evolved. I don't really use any written recipe when I make it, so some of the seasoning measurements are approximate. This makes seven 2 manicotti shell servings, which is a lot, but it tastes great even as leftovers.
- 1 (14 count) box manicotti
- 1 jar marinara sauce (Bertolli’s Burgundy Wine is the best)
- 1 (30 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (more if you like a lot of cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper (optional)
- minced garlic (optional)
- Cook the manicotti shells according to the directions on the box.
- Drain in colander and set aside to dry.
- Mix all the ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan in a bowl.
- Add an extra handful of mozzarella and a little more parmesan if you like it cheesier.
- I like a lot of flavor in my manicotti so I just keep adding the basil and Italian seasoning until I think its enough.
- If you dont like a lot of seasoning, just put 1 tsp.
- of each in.
- If not, just keep adding until it's seasoned to your taste.
- You can also add a dash of salt and pepper if you like or a little bit of garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once the shells are drained and the cheese is mixed together, begin stuffing the shells.
- Be careful because they have a tendency to split.
- Pour about half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly before you place the shells in the dish.
- Once all the shells arranged in the baking dish, pour the remainder of the marinara sauce on top.
- Then add any leftover cheese on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with basil and Italian seasoning.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
I made this dish and it turned out great. <br/>The whole family loved it. We did NOT have ANY leftovers. <br/>It also wasn't as hard to prepare as I thought it might be. <br/>I was under the impression that the noodles would break very easily and I guess sometimes they can..Maybe I just got lucky. But stuffing them was very easy for myself and my husband. Lol Yes my husband. He was very eager to help out with this dish!
Very good!!!! I used some homemade meatsauce and it was great!