1/1 Photo of The Best Cheese Manicotti
1 hr 5 mins
I love Italian food, and I love cooking for my friends at college, so that's how this dish evolved. I don't really use any written recipe when I make it, so some of the seasoning measurements are approximate. This makes seven 2 manicotti shell servings, which is a lot, but it tastes great even as leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 count) box manicotti
- 1 jar marinara sauce (Bertolli’s Burgundy Wine is the best)
- 1 (30 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (more if you like a lot of cheese)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper (optional)
- minced garlic (optional)
- 1Cook the manicotti shells according to the directions on the box.
- 2Drain in colander and set aside to dry.
- 3Mix all the ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan in a bowl.
- 4Add an extra handful of mozzarella and a little more parmesan if you like it cheesier.
- 5I like a lot of flavor in my manicotti so I just keep adding the basil and Italian seasoning until I think its enough.
- 6If you dont like a lot of seasoning, just put 1 tsp.
- 7of each in.
- 8If not, just keep adding until it's seasoned to your taste.
- 9You can also add a dash of salt and pepper if you like or a little bit of garlic.
- 10Preheat oven to 350.
- 11Once the shells are drained and the cheese is mixed together, begin stuffing the shells.
- 12Be careful because they have a tendency to split.
- 13Pour about half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly before you place the shells in the dish.
- 14Once all the shells arranged in the baking dish, pour the remainder of the marinara sauce on top.
- 15Then add any leftover cheese on top of the sauce.
- 16Sprinkle with basil and Italian seasoning.
- 17Cover with aluminum foil.
- 18Bake for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Cheese Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 762.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: