Recipe by Becky H
This is one of my familys favorite pasta dishes. My mom made this for us when we were little and now I make it for my kids. Better than any cavatini I've ever tasted.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced and quartered pepperoni
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup rotini pasta
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and garlic; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan to cooked pasta; mix well.
- In a 9x13 inch cooking dish, alternate noodle mixture and sauce mixture, ending with sauce.
- Add a sprinkling of mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.