Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my familys favorite pasta dishes. My mom made this for us when we were little and now I make it for my kids. Better than any cavatini I've ever tasted.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced and quartered pepperoni
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup rotini pasta
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and garlic; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan to cooked pasta; mix well.
- In a 9x13 inch cooking dish, alternate noodle mixture and sauce mixture, ending with sauce.
- Add a sprinkling of mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was ok....but certainly not the best ever. My kids weren't that fond of it, and I'm the only one eating the leftovers. So doubt I will make it again.
The name says it ALL!! I can only imagine what we all looked like while we devoured your cavatini. I am ashamed to say...but between three of us we managed to eat our way through almost the entire dish. We must have looked like animals...LOL! The blend of cheeses and the fresh veggies were just wonderful. We used a Roasted Red Pepper sauce which gave it another nice flavor to meld with everything else. Thanks for this GREAT recipe!! :)
This recipe was the bomb! This really was the best cavatini recipe I've found! I love the different pasta in the recipe too. Thanks so much Becky for posting this recipe, it is a keeper in our house for sure!