Cook1 hr 15 mins
Was in a paper cutting my aunt gave me from an USA newspaper back in the 80's.. I have adapted it over the years to be yummier :) It is a very large cake that needs to be cooked in a roasting dish.. very moist and best iced with cream cheese frosting.
- Preheat oven to 180C (375F) and grease and line a large roasting dish.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda. Add salt.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, add sugar and oil. Mix in carrot and pineapple until blended.
- Incorporate sifted flour mix bit-by-bit and stir until just combined.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake starts shrinking from sides. Insert skewer, if it comes out clean then its cooked.
- Rest cake in tin for 15 minutes and then turn onto wire cooling tray.
- Beat butter, vanilla and cream cheese together in a mixer.
- Add icing sugar slowly until the frosting is a smooth consistancy.
- Frost cake when cold.