Recipe by thewildgerbil
This is a recipe that I've tweaked based on the many other recipes for Butter Chicken that I have tried. Since our year abroad, we have searched for a butter chicken recipe that comes close to the one we loved. This is not the same vibrant orange colour, but it is AMAZING!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very easy and lots of flavour in this Butter Chicken! Somehow I was expecting tomatoes in the recipe, but this recipe certainly needs nothing more, I loved the use of coconut milk, and we found this a delicious dinner, served over white rice. Thanks, wildgerbil, good recipe, enjoyed for Spring PAC 2013
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste (or butter chicken curry paste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large frying pan.
- Sweat the onions until clear.
- Meanwhile, mix spices together in a large bowl or resealable bag (leave out the garam masala).
- Cover chicken with spice mixture
- Add chicken to the butter and onions.
- Cook over medium heat until golden.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste, stir.
- Add garam masala.
- Let simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve over rice with warmed Naan bread.