Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I actually took 5 chili recipes and took out all the things I didn't like and kept all the things I did. This has become my very own version of the perfect bowl of chili!
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion (yellow or white)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 2 (878.83 g) can kidney beans
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 113.39 g canchopped jalapenos
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 236.59 ml dark beer (Newcastle or ?)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix)
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Cook ground beef in large frying pan.
- While cooking, stir and chop beef with spatula to crumble.
- Continue cooking for about 7 minutes or until the meat is brown and cooked through.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and tabasco.
- Cook while stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large pot. Add the Kidney beans (juice and all), canned tomatoes (juice and all), the tomato paste, jalapenos (yep, juice and all), splenda (or sugar), and beer.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top individual bowls of chili with a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkle of cheese.
WOW this is absolutely delicious! Great flavor and just the right amount of heat. I made as written with the exception of not adding chopped jalapenos and I didn't see where the taste was compromised. I did simmer covered for about 2 hours stirring occasionally, then simmered uncovered for another 2 hours stirring occasionally, until it had thickened up some. This will be added to my favorite chili recipe folder. Thanks for posting such an awesome chili recipe. Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
Excellent! I wanted chili and needed something quicker than the recipe that I normally use. This was perfect, not to spicy but definately could be! Only thing I changed was added brown sugar and used bud light b/c that is all I had. Thanks for posting a great chili recipe!