Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got these off the internet. These were one of my mom's favorites.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large mix bowl, combine sugar, buttermilk, butter, bananas, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until creamy (1-2 min).
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat at low speed until moistened (1-2 min.).
- By hand, stir in blueberries.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 min.
- or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, cook and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes 6 Texas-size muffins with a little left over to freeze and bake later.
- When I make these, I just sprinkle granulated sugar on top prior to baking, and omit the powdered sugar.
These were fantastic! I made 12 large muffins; 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Buttery and fluffy! =)
Everybody loved these - perfect combination of blueberries and bananas. I used 1/4 cup sour cream instead of the buttermilk, 2 large overripe bananas, and 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. 350 degrees 23 minutes for the round silicone muffin cups, 27 minutes for the square ones. Made 22 regular size muffins. Next time maybe I'll use less butter.